How to care for jewellery?
Both Sterling silver and gold vermeil jewellery will lose some lustre with time as a result of exposure to air or moisture. To get rid of signs of tarnish, please polish your jewellery now and again with a soft piece of cloth. There are also a few things you can do to slow down that process. Here are a few tried tips which may help:
- store your jewellery separately, you can use jewellery boxes, fabric pouches, or just a piece of fabric;
- avoid storing it next to other fashion jewellery pieces or watches with leather straps;
- always remove your jewellery when applying perfumes, hairsprays and lotions;
- put your jewellery on last, when you get dressed;
- avoid contact with salted water, chemicals and detergents;
- ensure that you rinse off any chemicals that come into contact with your jewellery straight away;